[IDN-WG] Fwd: URGENT [Call for comments on JIG Report on Universal Acceptance of IDNs]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:51:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

Greetings from Fiji! We are in some funny weather and parts of Fiji are
flooded as it is cyclone season and there is excessive rain at the moment.
I hope you are all well and in excellent health. Firstly, I apologize that
I could not join the previous call that you had on the last occasion but
read the transcripts.

*JIG REPORT ON UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE OF IDNs*
There does not seem to be any comments coming from the working group. I am
reattaching so you can comment. The Statement is in response to the JIG
Report on Universal Acceptance of IDNs. To read the JIG Report on Universal
Acceptance of IDNs, please see:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/31165754/JIG+Initial+Report+on+Universal+Acceptance+of+IDN+TLDs.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1327100951000

Any further question on the report can be directed to Edmon Chung who will
be happy to give us feedback or explain certain aspects of the Report.
Please send your comments.

*LOGISTICS: Wiki*
For newbies like me who desire to read through past papers and discussions
with the hope of seeing the evolution of discussions and debate you will
notice that the current status of information on the wiki is a bit all over
the place. Whilst I have asked Staff to send me the Schematic plan of how
information is distributed in the At Large space, specifically for the IDN
Working Group, I mapped or began the process of mapping the information
that was uploaded. The intention is to suggest possible means of
re-organising the information and having systematic document naming
techniques for consistency. This will enable the Working Group to
seamlessly  build on the excellent work that those who have gone before us
have done. I could not help but be immensely appreciative of the work that
past members have done. I have attached the Chronology and it is not
finished yet but I am thinking that we can have a separate place on the
page to load liaison reports from the past and present, Meeting Records,
Presentations, Record of Engagement with other Communities and also outside
ICANN etc.