[IDN-WG] Draft Statement on IDN Fast Track Proposal v3

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Tue Jul 7 05:48:34 CDT 2009

Dear IDN Working Group and ALAC members:

Tina Dan at ICANN had a look at the draft statement, and thought I
should advise you of the following, which she thinks may be a
misunderstanding:

In 7-8-9, where it appears the ALAC is understanding the Module 7 revision to be that there are no outstanding issues. In fact all outstanding issues related to financial considerations, relationship between ICANN and manager, and variant management are still outstanding, hence the supporting papers. We simply provided supporting papers as opposed to keeping these long discussions in Module 7.

It is correct that we did not add link to the supporting papers in the Draft Implementation Plan. This was difficult to do because of the posting deadlines and instead we posted all papers together at: http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-31may09-en.htm

I hope this is of use to you. Of course if you have any questions
related to the above, I'm sure Tina would be happy to help.

Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart

Director for At-Large

Main Tel: +33 (450) 40 46 88