[EURO-Discuss] ***STARTING IN 30 MINS*** REMINDER / Meeting invitation: EURALO Monthly Call on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 at 16:00 UTC

Olawale Bakare wales.baky at gmail.com
Sat May 23 13:34:48 UTC 2020

Dear All,

I trust this email finds you well.

Please, permit me to use this medium to introduce myself again, solicit
your supports in terms of votes as, I am vying for the role of EURALO's
representative to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC).

*Expression of Interest  *
=============================================================================================================================

I am a board member (
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+ALAC+Representatives%2C+Board+Members+and+Officers
) of the European At-Large Organization (EURALO) and served as EURALO
Secretary between November 2017 -  November 2019.

I previously served as EURALO representative to the ALAC Financial and
Budget Sub-Committee, 2017 to 2019. Membership of the Individual Users'
Association (https://individualusers.org/board/ [individualusers.org
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__individualusers.org_board_&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=aazhNQBQ9CROw3I_YBlj-eCpdtWWc0I7t8UdnhMMZDg&s=wWmzFIDOUGzyCiufttbYbVgpvqkTz9KaUDRiZPmHNUY&e=>
)

As EURALO representative, for the promotion of At-Large Outreach activities
I participated in the United Nations’ Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2017
in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition, I made contributions to a number of
workshops.

I proposed a workshop on behalf of EURALO titled - (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TYMh33nwpkwECiCADDgbk5Unn9QX_o7i-XZ1jJ1Sj-k/edit
)

I participated in the IANA stewardship transition from the US government to
the global multistakeholder community, between 2012 and 2014.  You can also
read my At-Large SOI here
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Wale+S+Bakare+SOI

I presently work with DXC Technology (former HP Enterprise) as a Tech Lead
(Digital Transformation for the UK government’s agency) in the United
Kingdom.

Wale Bakare’s admitted studying Business Sustainability course at the
Harvard Business School, Harvard University, 2020 [ongoing].

Mr. Bakare obtained an MSc degree in Embedded Computer Systems Engineering
from Northumbria University Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 2008. Wale
also studied a certificate course in Project Planning & Initiation at the
University of California, Irvine, the United States of America in 2016.
Wale Bakare studied certificate course in User Innovation; focuses on
Democratisation of Information at the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, the United States of America in 2015

*Why ALAC?*

=============

If given the opportunity to join the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), I
would contribute to:

* bring new energy to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC)

* ALAC's approach and methodology of its advice on ICANN policies and
issues impacting Internet users

* At-Large/ALAC capacity building process as its relates to the core ICANN
business operations, its Internet Governance ecosystem

Should you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to ask me. Thank you
for your supports.

Kind regards,

Wale