[EURO-Discuss] Short bio for the election of the Euralo representatives to the ALAC

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at thur.de
Sat Aug 30 17:27:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 04:04:15PM +0200, JFC Morfin wrote:
> The question we face is therefore: is the DNSSEC adapted to the world
> as it really is? This reality is that there is no more a single root
> file. However , everyone, but ICANN, agrees to protect a single
> virtual root file. What is the solution that we (users) must retain
> in 2008, and possibly devise, while ICANN and IETF are enjoying
> themselves in a 1983 context.  Is it our interest to try to wake them
> up, or do we forget about them for now, in the hope they join back later on?

Because this point might be interesting in this election:
  I believe in a single root. Not a virtual one. A real single root.

I *define an internet* as a transitive hull of computers connected using
TCP/IP. And I *define the Internet* as an internet with contains the IANA
operated DNS root servers.

Please consider this very clear position in your vote.
I'm a technical guy, I do not dream.