[EURO-Discuss] Giovanni Seppia joins EURid as International Relations Manager

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Fri May 4 03:12:34 EDT 2007

[Since many of you here know Giovanni, I thought this would be of
interest to you  -Patrick]
http://www.eurid.eu/content/view/202/33/lang,en/

Giovanni will take on the role of International Relations Manager of
EURid as from May 14, 2007. The position has been newly created and
includes being responsible for EURid’s relations with relevant
International organizations, such as ICANN (the International body
overseeing all top level domains) and CENTR (Council of European
National Top Level Domain Registries) as well as other international
bodies. Furthermore, he will represent EURid in international fora. In
this role he will report to the general manager.

“International relations play an important role for any top level
domain, and especially for .eu which is transnational in its nature.
Therefore, I am very satisfied that we managed to get Giovanni onboard.
I am sure that with his long experience and extensive network he will
contribute in a significant way to EURid’s further development in this
field,” commented Marc Van Wesemael, EURid’s General Manager.

Giovanni previously worked at ICANN as European Regional Liaison. Prior
to that he was the General Manager at CENTR. He has also served as Head
of External Relations of the Italian Registry (ITT CNR) and has three
years of experience at the European Commission in various roles.