[EURO-Discuss] Statement of Interest

Yrjö Länsipuro yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 11:27:45 UTC 2021

Statement of Interest
I have self-nominated myself for the post of EURALO delegate to the 2022 NomCom.  I am interested serving again on the NomCom, the body where the constituent parts of the ICANN community, through their representatives, can truly have a long-range impact on the development of ICANN. I believe that I can do it for the benefit of EURALO, ALAC and ICANN as a whole with devotion and experience-based skills.
I have served on the NomCom a total of six years 2011-2016: four years as the EURALO representative, one year as the Chair and one year as the Associate Chair.  I was also a member of the 2017 Board Candidate Evaluation Committee and the Chair of the 2020 BCEC.
I know from experience the considerable time requirements placed on NomCom members. After leaving my the GAC Liaison duties after the 2021 AGM, I’ll be free to focus on the NomCom job to the fullest.
Best,
Yrjö