[EURO-Discuss] EURALO Regional Selections (NomCom)

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Sat May 22 08:14:48 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Although I agree that SeB has done a good job in being able to hold effectively and successfully both positions, I fear that doing this for the second year can easily lead to burnout. We have the bad habit to squeeze like lemons the volunteers instead of trying to distribute the workload in a more even way.

I fear also some cases in which there will be a conflict because NomCom events might clash with EURALO events where the Chair would be needed - we might see this coming up already in ICANN 72.

I also fully agree with OCL that we need one experienced candidate, otherwise ALAC will have four newcomers out of five positions, so (unfortunately) it is not the time to bring new people, but I believe that Yrjö, who had already NomCom experience not too many years ago, and has - like SeB - outstanding reputation in the ICANN Community and good relationships with other stakeholder groups would be a better option under the circumstances.

And I also note that this brings me to agree with Erich, after a previous disagreement on a different candidature :-)

Cheers,
Roberto