[EURO-Discuss] REMINDER: EURALO Teleconference Tuesday, 18 January 2011 at 1700 UTC.

Avri Doria avri at ltu.se
Thu Jan 13 14:46:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

As a member of ISOC-Finland (though I am rarely there, unfortunately), which is on a time other than CET/CEST I find this an opportune time to mention that there is more than one time zone in Europe.

I know it is a terrible presumption on my part, but in another context - just yesterday in fact, I mentioned that I thought it was important the everyone know their own displacement from UTC.  It is a small thing to do at the edge of time where most individuals live, but a challenging task for the people in the center of time, where the staff lives, to do - so many opportunities to make a mistake, especially at those times of year when time changes.

Also for anyone using google calendar, it alows you to have two time zones set, I have set one time zone to UTC.

I also have one of the calendars on my laptop set to UTC, well not really - it is set to Reyjavik - which as I understand is always at UTC.

a.