[Euro-board] URGENT Final Draft EURALO Com Re: Proposed meeting 1st of March 2022

Pari Esfandiari pariesfandiari at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:55:00 UTC 2022

Just a quick note to confirm my support for the  *EURALO COMMUNIQUE. *
*If my suggestion does not delay the process, I would like to suggest the
following shown in red. *
*Thanks/Pari*

*EURALO COMMUNIQUE*

As the home of Internet users throughout the European continent, EURALO
expresses deep concern for the safety and well-being of the population of
Ukraine.

While EURALO's work is not guided by ideological preferences or religious
beliefs, it (change does note that to: strongly condemns)  the current
military action on Ukraine constitutes a unilateral act of aggression
against a sovereign state, member of the United Nations. This aggression is
not defensible in international law, it negates the Minsk Agreement of
2015, and it is contrary to the rule of law.

By this communiqué, EURALO

- Expresses its esteem for all its members as citizens of the European
continent;

- Fully supports their equal rights as Europeans, and as individual users
of the Internet;

- Considers that the Internet must remain intact and a universal tool for
communication and cooperation, without political, ideological or religious
constraints;

- Calls upon the ICANN Board and CEO to ensure the stability and resiliency
of the Internet Naming System infrastructure in Ukraine and elsewhere in
Europe;

- (Expects change to urges) ICANN to ensure that the .UA domain is
preserved in its entirety and availability.

 1 of March 2022

END QUOTE

Pari Esfandiari
President