[Euro-board] [GTLD-WG] WG: Re: [ALAC-Internal] Fwd: Re: URGENT-ALAC statement on IRTP report

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue May 5 17:44:07 EDT 2009

Evan,

I have found the side by side comparison very helpful - thank you.
Clearly, both your version and Patrick's version are similar in
essence. The interesting thing I am noticing is the cultural
difference playing here: whereas Europeans are softer and more
diplomatic in their approach, North Americans are sharper and, should
I say, more agressive in tone.
Both approaches have much merit. My prefernece would lean towards the
more agressive tone, an appreciation probably triggered by a mix of
anglo-saxon & gallic attitudes. :-)
It would be good to hear from others, especially those who have much
experience in ICANN diplomacy. The comment period end on the 6th May
but futher comments can be left until 24th May (although we really
need this thing out by the 6th).
REMINDER: *** This is a vital point relating to the Camel's Nose ***
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel%27s_nose

Regards,

O.