[At-Large] Marby e-mail no longer valid

Greg Shatan [NARALO] gregshatanalac at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 17:29:28 UTC 2022

“Available to consult” is a pretty weak (non)role, and it supposedly goes
through May 23, 2024, the end of his current contract (and much longer than
transitional consulting would actually require).  This seems like a
negotiated resolution, possibly to avoid a breach-of -contract claim
against Marby (or ICANN or both).

The shut-down email is further indication that this is not a real
consulting gig…

There’s more to the story. Wonder if Kevin Murphy will unearth it?

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 12:15 Roberto Gaetano via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> "At the request of the Board, Marby will be available to consult with
> ICANN until May 23, 2024, to support the transition to a new leader, as
> well as to advise the Board on any issue they require."
>

> On 24.12.2022, at 16:29, Jonathan Zuck via At-Large <
> at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:
>
> Staying on as a consultant,  for a year,  or something
>
> Jonathan Zuck
> Executive Director
> Innovators Network Foundation
> www.InnovatorsNetwork.org <http://www.innovatorsnetwork.org/>