[At-Large] IGF2022 - Outreach and Engagement

Natalia Filina filinafilka at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:29:45 UTC 2022

Dear all!

I use our mailing list to remind you (but I suppose everyone knows) that
the IGF2022 has started today. The 17th annual IGF meeting will be hosted
by the Government of Ethiopia in Addis Ababa from 28 November to 2 December
2022. To take part in it , please be registered and follow (participate)
the sessions of your interest and the sessions in which our At-Large
members and leaders take part.
The program is available at the link:
https://www.intgovforum.org/en/schedule/20221128

The forum program focuses on five key topics:

   - Connecting All People and Safeguarding Human Rights
   - Avoiding Internet Fragmentation
   - Governing Data and Protecting Privacy
   - Enabling Safety, Security and Accountability
   - Addressing Advanced Technologies, including AI

The At-Large 2022 IGF workspace
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Outreach+Activities+at+the+2022+IGF+in+Ethiopia
allows you to find names, a schedule of sessions with At-large members and
ICANN leaders, as well as a place to post your short reports and photos.

In previous years we thought about a tool which could help us to gather the
contacts of IGF attendees who are very interested to be engaged in At-Large
and ICANN PDP.  I hope nobody can disagree if I suggest not just to share
our website, but to send these requests directly to us  for further
building the communications with our potential members.

It would be great if with the return to the hybrid format of our meetings,
we returned to the previous great format of feedback and on-site
interaction for those who personally attended global and local IG events
and did Outreach and Engagement work there.

I also would like to suggest gathering interested community members in
December 2022 for the call and taking the opportunity to discuss the
takeaways of IGF2022.

Have a fruitful week!

Sincerely,
Natalia Filina

Secretary of EURALO
https://atlarge.icann.org/alses/euralo

ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement, Co-Chair,
REGIONAL OUTREACH LIAISON MENTOR AND TRAINER

+7 906 722 54 61
Moscow, Russian Federation