[At-Large] ICANN75: Selecting Malaysia and inclusiveness

Tijani tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Sun Jul 31 18:26:15 UTC 2022

True Laura, Absolutely true. Not only Montreal, The Hague also, the Chair of AFRALO couldn’t make it because of visa issue.

In London, we had an At-Large Summit, and a lot of our ALS representatives were absent also because of visa issue.

In the ICANN Meeting Strategy Working Group, the visa problem was my main focus: I proposed that ICANN shouldn’t hold a meeting in a country that doesn’t give visa to all our participants. I was told that if ICANN apply this rule, we won’t be able to hold meeting because each country has its restrictions and there is no country without access restrictions.

Tijani