[At-Large] Fwd: ICANN75: Mandatory Funded Traveler Registration for Roberto Gaetano

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:06:48 UTC 2022

Dear all

I would like to draw your attention to the message below.

Earlier today I have received it in my capacity of NextGen Mentor, and I assume that the NextGen Mentees have received the same. For the NextGen Mentees this is likely to be one of the first contacts with ICANN.org<http://ICANN.org>, so they will be shaping their opinion on the organization on this.

The message arrived a few hours ago, but I am reading it only now, at the end of the business day, when I am looking at tasks that I am doing a volunteer - I imagine that for a few Mentees this would be the same.

I am asked to complete my registration by tomorrow. The registration process includes several actions, that I do not repeat here because you can read them below, highlighted in red - with apologies to the folks that have emails in plain text only. I assume that people are expected to read docs like standards of behaviour, anti-harassment policy, etc. before signing them - and also reflect on what that means for them. Remember what happened at ICANN74 with the waiver - I, for one, will read the (hopefully updated) waiver before signing, and this will take time. But this needs to be done in 24h.

On the other hand, I can expect an approval only after 2-3 business days - being today a Thursday, this means 4-5 calendar days.

Being committed to the ICANN standards of behaviour, I will not add any comments to this note.

Cheers,
Roberto

Begin forwarded message: