[At-Large] info on waiver to attend ICANN74I

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Apr 27 20:09:22 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues. If you are planning to attend ICANN74, please note that
you will be required to sign a very broadly worded waiver that goes well
beyond any issues related to the pandemic. You can read the waiver here:
https://www.internetnews.me/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ICANN-waiver.pdf

Several registrars have asked that this requirement be dropped
https://domainincite.com/27793-icanns-covid-19-waiver-formally-appealed.

Michele Neylon, Managing Director of Blacknight Solutions, seeking legal
advice on behalf of himself and staff, was advised that neither he nor
his staff should sign a waiver granting ICANN blanket exclusion of
liability.
_https://blacknight.blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/blacknight-ICANN-April-2022-Hague-waiver.pdf_
<https://blacknight.blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/blacknight-ICANN-April-2022-Hague-waiver.pdf>
.

It is an unsettling way to begin what was looking like a new beginning
after so many hours at virtual public meetings.  I have attended more
public meetings in my life than I could ever count, and have never been
asked to sign such an extensive waiver.  I would be interested to know
if others have ever encountered this.

Marita Moll, ALAC rep. for NARALO