[At-Large] Ukraine, .RU, and internet governance

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:58:04 UTC 2022

Evan,

Agree. It's not that kind of discussion I would like to see, but, at least,
the Ukrainian government's request was not ignored as my proposition to
organize Ukrainian translation at least for GAC meetings.

Javier,

Thank you very much! Please learn first of all: never believe the Russian
regime!

the link for transcript of GAC Plenary session here:

https://gac.icann.org/transcripts/public/icann73-gac-session-1-opening-plenary-en-transcript.pdf?language_id=1

Ukrainian intervention is attached.

UK, France (also on behalf of EU), US, Canada, Switzerland, Australia,
Argentina condemn "Russia's assault on Ukraine is an unprovoked,
premeditated attack against a sovereign democratic state".

RUSSIAN FEDERATION: Thank you for giving me the floor. I would like to
speak in Russian.
The events that are occurring today are a terrible tragedy, clearly.
At the same time, I would like to point out that ICANN is not a
suitable forum for discussing these types of issues. I hope that
during the ICANN73 conference, we will concentrate on the
technical issues of the operation of the Internet and we will
refrain from discussing political issues.
I would also like clarify one issue. This was the proposal of
Ukraine to exclude the RU domain zone from service. We, on the
other part, are doing everything in our power to keep the Internet
as a global indivisible space. Thank you.