[At-Large] Ukraine, .RU, and internet governance

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Mar 14 14:42:32 UTC 2022

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 9:47 AM Alan Levin via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> I suggest that Antony and Evan and all the others that want to block
> Russia.... go and fight,

I have not advocated to block Russia in this thread. Go back and check.

This is why sane discussion here seems so impenetrable. You must be running
out of straw.

My original complaint here was that ICANN and ALAC have been utterly myopic
as to assert that the only options to deal with the situation are binary --
"Unplug Russia" or "Thoughts and prayers". Alan, Maureen and others here
have masterfully proven my point by addressing that choice and nothing
else. Everyone is arguing against a position I did not take.

There exist middle grounds, things that can be done without unplugging
Russia, and it's to ALAC's disgrace that it never even considered them.

- Evan