[At-Large] 2019 year Russian legislation on sovereign Internet

jkuleszaicann at gmail.com jkuleszaicann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:35:33 UTC 2022

Dear Alejandro and all,

Thank you for this intervention. Many thanks also to Roberto for posing his
question during the bilateral which I believe to have been answered, at
least partially, by Manal. If more details on the GAC position regarding the
multiple interventions on the war in Ukraine would be needed or any further
conversation between the ACs would be welcome directly after the AGM, do
feel free to let me know and I will be glad to facilitate. As noted during
the session, any such suggestion will be duly pursued, based on mutual
consensus.

Regarding current open letters touching upon this issue, please kindly also
note this one, shared today:
https://www.accessnow.org/cms/assets/uploads/2022/03/Civil-society-letter-to
-Biden-Admin-re-Russia-sanctions-and-internet-access_10-March-2022-1.pdf?utm
_source=sendgrid
<https://www.accessnow.org/cms/assets/uploads/2022/03/Civil-society-letter-t
o-Biden-Admin-re-Russia-sanctions-and-internet-access_10-March-2022-1.pdf?ut
m_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletters>
&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletters (we seem to have parallel e-mail
and Skype conversations on this). There was also a dedicated CPWG call on
the issue, I am certain staff can assist to any details regarding the
records of this call, if this would be useful to identify the community
position.

Kind regards,

Joanna Kulesza

ALAC Liaison to the GAC