[At-Large] [EURO-Discuss] Ukrainian translation for ICANN meetings

jjs jjs at dyalog.net
Mon Mar 7 13:50:07 UTC 2022

Dear Oksana,
I support your request.
Also regarding Ukraine, please check out
- the communiqué published by EURALO,
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Communique+on+Ukraine <https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Communique+on+Ukraine>
- the communiqué by the 2000+ members of the Brazilian Software Association (ABES), which replicates the recommendations made by EURALO. For you and other Ukrainians, in case you cannot open the EURALO link, here's the text it published:
BEGIN QUOTE
Published 1 March 2022 by EURALO.
As the home of Internet users throughout the European continent, EURALO expresses deep concern for the safety and well-being of the population of Ukraine.
While the EURALO's work is not guided by ideological preferences or religious beliefs, we strongly condemn the current attack on Ukraine, as it constitutes a unilateral act
of aggression against a sovereign state and member of the United Nations. This aggression is not defensible under international law. In fact, it violates the Minsk
Agreement of 2015, and is contrary to the rule of law.
By this communiqué, EURALO
- Expresses its esteem for all its members as citizens of the European continent;
- Fully supports their equal rights as Europeans, and as individual users of the Internet;
- Insists that the Internet must remain intact and a universal tool for communication and cooperation, without political, ideological or religious constraints;
- Calls upon the ICANN Board and CEO to ensure the stability and resiliency of the Internet Naming System Infrastructure in Ukraine and elsewhere in Europe;
- Urges ICANN to ensure that the availability of the .UA domain is preserved in its entirety.
Sébastien Bachollet
EURALO Chair on behalf of EURALO Board
END QUOTE
I wish you and all your compatriots safety, and a speedy end to this aggression against Ukraine and its people.
Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.
Oksana Prykhodko via EURO-Discuss wrote:
Dear all,
I will do my best to participate in At-Large Leadership Session.
I am not sure I can do it.
In case I can't do it, I will highly appreciate it if anybody can be my proxy and raise the issue of Ukrainian translation for ICANN meetings (first of all GAC meetings).
Thank you very much in advance,
Bombed regards,
Oksana Prykhodko,
director of iNGO European Media Platform,
EURALO ALS,
Kyiv, Ukraine