[At-Large] [ccwg-internet-governance] UA asking ICANN to introduce sanctions targeting Russian Federation’s access to the Internet: nabok at thedigital.gov.ua to ICANN: "Ukraine urgently need ICANN's support"

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 08:48:38 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Yesterday I had problems with Internet connection here, in Kyiv, under
russian bombs. We, Ukrainians, received support from Elon Musk, who
provided StarLinks for our shelters. Ukrainian digital infrastructure did
not receive any real support from ICANN or RIPE NCC (thousands of thanks to
CENTR!).

You (out of the Ukrainian world) can't understand that we do not ask for
your help - it is our attempt to save the free Internet at all! Russians
are not concerned about being isolated from the Internet (but they are
really concerned about losing access to Pornhub). By the way, Chernobyl now
is in putler hands - and nobody knows what to do with it.

Just now Ukraine proposes a very simple step - to organize the Ukrainian
channel of translation for ICANN and RIPE NCC meetings.

Even for those Ukrainians, who speak English, it is not so easy to ensure
the right wording of all our messages.

Слава Україні! Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!

Regards from bombed Kyiv,
Oksana Prykhodko,
director of iNGO European Media Platform