[At-Large] EURALO Board communiqué

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:26:32 UTC 2022

As the Chair of the At-Large Advisory Committee, I welcome the EURALO
communique of March 1st, 2022 regarding the geopolitical situation in
Ukraine. In my personal capacity, I endorse the statement in its entirety,
particularly in relation to ensuring uninterrupted Internet access of
individual end-users in times of political turmoil and in regions of
conflict. I call on the ICANN Community and the ICANN Board to diligently
stand by their roles as shepherds of the stability and resiliency of key
internet resources.

Maureen Hilyard
ALAC Chair

AL-RALO-EURALO-COM-0322-01-00-EN

ORIGINAL: English

DATE: 01 March 2022

STATUS: Ratified

EURALO COMMUNIQUE

As the home of Internet users throughout the European continent, EURALO
expresses deep concern for the safety and well-being of the population of
Ukraine. While the EURALO's work is not guided by ideological preferences
or religious beliefs, we strongly condemn the current attack on Ukraine, as
it constitutes a unilateral act of aggression against a sovereign state and
member of the United Nations. This aggression is not defensible under
international law. In fact, it violates the Minsk Agreement of 2015, and is
contrary to the rule of law.

By this communiqué, EURALO

- Expresses its esteem for all its members as citizens of the European
continent;

- Fully supports their equal rights as Europeans, and as individual users
of the Internet;

- Insists that the Internet must remain intact and a universal tool for
communication and cooperation, without political, ideological or religious
constraints;

- Calls upon the ICANN Board and CEO to ensure the stability and resiliency
of the Internet Naming System infrastructure in Ukraine and elsewhere in
Europe;

- Urges ICANN to ensure that the availability of the .UA domain is
preserved in its entirety.

Sébastien Bachollet

EURALO Chair on behalf of EURALO Board