[At-Large] Not my circus, not my monkeys (Was Re: ACCOUNTABILITY Restart)

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jan 4 02:22:53 UTC 2022

On 04/01/22 7:19 am, Jeff Neuman via At-Large wrote:
> With all due respect Evan, I am not sure that the comments of a few
> people on the list during a time period when many are on vacation
> demonstrates the views of the  the At-Large or the ALAC at all.  There
> is likely a formal process to introduce the issue (as opposed to just
> on a mailing list).  And I would like to use the process to raise the
> issue.
>
> If, as you contend, there is little interest, then so be it.  Then it
> never gets addressed.  But you never know until you start the process.
>
> And again with all due respect, one should never give up on making the
> organization better even if you are frustrated by our lack of success
> in the past.

Yes, Jeff, Evan is trying to make the organization better --- by,
instead of focusing on a particular grievance (whatever its merit),
being concerned over larger, structural issues, like conflict of
interest -- in which issue btw you seem to have little interest, and you
present banal arguments for, like  I work in these ICANN positions
voluntarily without any personal gain (when whether this is true or the
opposite is true is precisely under the scanner)

As for your response to my email expressing non confidence in your
continuing with your ICANN positions owing to clear conflict of
interest, i havent responded bec a response will require considerable
time to dig into the documents you shared, and others,  and present a
fool-proof case. I think it is the job of others here, the regular
'community' to sift and see through your conflict of interest
statements, that are  prima facie so inappropriate, That is why public
CoI statements are made, for the public, esp the closely involved
community to inspect it, and if needed comment on it . But if people in
these communities are more interested in mutual back-patting, and taking
precaution that when the time comes it is not they who are 'exposed',
then good luck to all. The organization cannot become better -- it is
doomed ...

parminder