[At-Large] ICANN Accountability Mechanisms

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Thu Dec 30 18:36:14 UTC 2021

I actually raised this very issue, while we were working on the accountability framework. At the time, folks believed the power to throw out the board would suffice but clearly that is a tool of last resort.

I wonder if there are other examples of inaction so a session, of some sort, would not be focused on your case alone. While I share Evan's perspective,  on this particular example, it DOES seem like a sequence of events we might dislike repeating, in another context.

For example, there were several voices,  in the At-Large community and elsewhere, opposed to the sale of PIR. Luckily, that sale required affirmative approval, by the board, but I'm certain their are instances where a failure to act constitutes passive approval.

Jonathan Zuck
Executive Director
Innovators Network Foundation
www.InnovatorsNetwork.org<http://www.InnovatorsNetwork.org>