[At-Large] ICANN Accountability Mechanisms

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Dec 30 16:25:53 UTC 2021

I am aware of harm to people coming from misuse of blockchain and am deeply
suspicious of any organisation using it right now. Anyone interested in
this subject is invited to first read this article from Kevin
<http://www.domainincite.com/27303-icann-is-blocking-23-gtld-transfers-over-blockchain-fears>.
It alludes that there are large issues at play suggesting yet another
alt-root attempt, this time involving NFTs.

I am personally not impressed by this charm offensive, nor with attempts to
sway opinion in the absence of due process. A proper investigation, should
ALAC desire it, should consult multiple parties and I'm sure that the
registries Jeff represents will be heard from at the appropriate time.

Since I think that most new gTLDs are a sad sketchy joke anyway, my initial
instinct is that the parties all deserve each other and that non-registrant
end-users are not impacted by this drama.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56