[At-Large] Fwd: [Governance] NOTICE: CSCG nomination process for IGF Leadership Panel

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Nov 26 10:10:37 UTC 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Governance] NOTICE: CSCG nomination process for IGF
Leadership Panel
Date: 	Fri, 26 Nov 2021 15:39:20 +0530
From: 	parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>
To: 	governance at lists.igcaucus.org

This shows the complete absence of support and enthusiasm among civil
society groups and persons for Leadership Panel .

On the ISOC list, I saw this posting

"does anyone have a handy link to the UN decision and process? If this
is a "firm" decision it goes  against  advice from what seemed a strong
consensus I noted at the UK IGF steering team and I expect other many
other groups."

ENDS

As I mentioned I have got  offline messages from many showing dismay
with the Leadership Panel ...

*Now, the problem is, much less the LP process being stopped, or even
being de-legitimized , I suspect the UN Secy General's office and that
of the Tech Envoy wouldnt even hear of and know the fact that there is
widespread, near total, non-acceptance of and dismay at the LP in civil
society and technical community circles... *

This doesn't speak about the UN SG or his LP initiative: it speaks about
where the IG civil society is currently --  totally in the dumps.

parminder