[At-Large] [CPWG] Join the ccTLD News Session on 26 and 27 May Recordings

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu May 27 10:19:14 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

It was great seeing colleagues from the ALAC in the ccTLD news session.
Recordings and presentations can be found here
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Liaison+to+the+ccNSO+Reports>

Enjoy listening and reading

Regards

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 9:20 PM Javier Rua via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> All are welcome to come!
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond via CPWG <
> cpwg at icann.org> wrote:
>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> having attended a local call for the UK community, I found out about
>> ccNSO sessions happening this week and which could be of interest, as they
>> touch on some of the work that At-Large has focussed on in recent years.
>>
>> ccTLD News Session #1
>>
>> *26 May 2021 | 13:00-14:30 UTC*
>>
>> *CCTLDS & SECURITY: REGULATORY DEMANDS*
>>
>> Which regulatory demands in the security-realm impact ccTLD operations?
>> How do ccTLDs respond? Join us for the first ccTLD News Session and listen
>> to representatives from ccTLD Managers across the globe.
>> and
>> ccTLD News Session #2
>>
>> *27 May 2021 | 05:00-06:30 UTC*
>>
>> *DNS ABUSE: THE CCTLD EXPERIENCE*
>>
>> Which efforts to combat DNS Abuse do ccTLD Managers from various regions
>> adopt? What are the challenges they are facing? Participate in the second
>> ccTLD News Session and learn about best practices and trends.
>>

>> I believe that this 2nd session is of particular interest, as some ccTLD
>> operators are implementing policies against DNS abuse that go way further
>> than any policy mandated by ICANN for gTLDs. Often ccTLDs have to abide by
>> strict operational rules set by their government - so this is likely to be
>> an interesting session! As a bonus, it's going to include our friend and
>> colleague Javier Rúa-Jovet.
>>
>> All connection details for both sessions are on:
>> https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-14may21-en.htm
>>
>> Kindest regards,
>>
>> Olivier

Barrack O. Otieno