[At-Large] ICANN Funding Request FY22-05

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Thu May 6 00:49:54 UTC 2021

We took.a shot and hoped for more, but its a start. We have to find a way to make good use of it. We can't mount a worldwide survey with that much and we SHOULD not do a stupid self selection survey. That leaves two options: piggyback or pilot. Global surveys are historically rare but have become more frequent with COVID. With $50k, we might get a few questions added to something already being fielded. Alternatively,  we focus on a particular geographic region and language and see if we can get valuable enough data to get further funds. We'll definitely have to give it some thought. Another committee.  Sigh.
Jonathan

Jonathan Zuck
Executive Director
Innovators Network Foundation