[At-Large] Some thoughts about the draft unaffiliated Individuals Mobilization Working Party Report

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 21:46:54 UTC 2021

I never saw an interim report nor was part of the WG.

One example of tiered membership : The current thinking in LACRALO is that
individuals will only be allowed to work in RALO WGs, not necessarily
Atlarge ones and cannot vote in LACRALO and cannot be selected/ elected in
LACRALO and At-Large.

I’m tempted to describe this using more provocative terms ; “tiered”
membership is probably the kindest.

You say "RALOs have a lot of say about their members and how they organise
them within their individual RALOs because they can".

However, a key difference is that RALOs do not accredit its members.
An organisation does not join a RALO.
An organisation joins At-Large. RALOs are made up of organisations
accredited by ALAC within an ICANN region.

If we in At-Large want to embrace individuals, we should be striving to
replicate how organisations join At-Large with respect to individuals, not
5 separate and different processes to "join the RALO", with individuals
having different rights and responsibilities solely on the individual's
origin.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand