[At-Large] Zoom supports interpretation within Zoom calls

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Mar 3 19:20:56 UTC 2020

We may actually test this tomorrow at EITC2020. We have three tracks all
with Amharic interpretation. I sourced the livestream today with two
separate zooms, one for video and english audio, the other with slides and
amharic.

joly

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 2:17 PM Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi  Dev
> Lets test this asap.  I have reached to Eduardo which has an ZOOM account
> to do a test. I also contacted Kevin at ISOC for a test for ISOC Chapters
> too
> Glenn
> Glenn McKnight
> ICANN NOMCOM 2019-2021
> mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
> Curator for  Internet Governance Hub Blog
> www.internetgovernancehub.blog  <http://www.internetgovernancehub.blog>
> http://toronto.ieee.ca/
> IEEE Toronto SIGHT Chair
> glenn.mcknight at ieee.org
> skype  gmcknight
> twitter gmcknight
> 289-830 6259
> .
>

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 1:31 PM Dev Anand Teelucksingh <devtee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Users that would like to include interpreters in their meetings or
>> webinars now have the ability to enable language interpretation. This
>> allows the host to designate participants as interpreters on the web portal
>> or during a Zoom session.
>>
>> When the meeting or webinar starts, the host can start the interpretation
>> feature, which will give the interpreters access to their own audio
>> channels. Attendees can select an audio channel to hear their language of
>> choice. Attendees will hear the translated audio and can choose if they
>> want to hear the original audio at a lower volume.
>>
>> Cloud recordings of interpretation sessions will only record the original
>> audio of the meeting or webinar, not the translations. Local recordings of
>> interpretation sessions will record any audio that the person recording can
>> hear, but not multiple audio channels. "
>>
>> https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034919791-Language-Interpretation-in-Meetings-and-Webinars

Joly MacFie  +2185659365