[At-Large] ICANN Board Seat 15 Selection

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Mon Nov 18 07:11:45 UTC 2019

Dear Leon,
Congratulations.
This is a strong indication that you have been doing things right and we
want you to continue in this direction.
You are indeed a model to a lot of us.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 1:27 AM Azadur Rahman Sarker <
azad.sarkar.tvnl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent!! Leon
>
> BR
> Azad,
> CEO
> Cyberone, Dhaka, Bangladesh
>
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 at 20:44, Loris Taylor via At-Large <
> at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:
>
>> Fabulous Leon!
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Loris Taylor
>> President & CEO
>> Native Public Media
>> www.nativepublicmedia.org
>>

>> On Nov 14, 2019, at 3:35 PM, ICANN At-Large Staff <
>> staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> This message is being sent on behalf of Yrjö Länsipuro, the Chair of the
>> Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) and Alan Greenberg, Chair of
>> the Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC).
>>
>> From BCEC Chair:
>>
>> The BCEC received only one Expression of Interest for position of Board
>> Member selected by At-Large (ICANN Board Seat 15) for the three year term
>> beginning at the conclusion of ICANN69 scheduled to be held in Hamburg in
>> October 2020. The BCEC confirmed that the applicant is an excellent
>> candidate, and in accordance with its responsibilities under ALAC Rules of
>> Procedure (RoP), places the name of León Sánchez on the BCEC Slate of
>> Candidates for Seat 15.
>>
>> From the BMSPC Chair:
>>
>> The ALAC RoP allow RALOs to petition to add additional candidates to the
>> BCEC Slate of Candidates. In this case, there were no additional EoIs
>> submitted, so no petition process is possible.
>>
>> The ALAC RoP 19.11.2 reads: "If there is only one candidate on the Final
>> Candidate List, that candidate will be acclaimed the winner."
>>
>> Accordingly it is my pleasure to announce that León Felipe Sánchez Ambía
>> has been selected as the occupant of ICANN Board Seat 15 for a second three
>> year term beginning at the conclusion of ICANN69 scheduled to be held in
>> Hamburg in October 2020.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
>> Website: atlarge.icann.org
>> Facebook: facebook.com/icann <https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
>> atlarge <https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
>> Twitter: @ <https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>ICANNAtLarge
>> <https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>

*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), PhD (York), R.Eng,
A+*
*Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science, University of
Ilorin, Nigeria*
*Vice Chairman, Telecommunications  Development Advisory Group (TDAG),
**International
Telecommunication Union (ITU).*
*Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com>  OR
 aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*