[At-Large] pitch to the board re: MS model

Olivier Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 15:00:04 UTC 2019

Greetings everyone from Lomé, Togo (West Africa).
++1 @Alfredo. Great, great ideas coming frm you.
Indeed, these are the prerequisites for a real and true MS model. Taking
into account the diversity of people we are in this global community.
Concrete actions. And they feasable in this era. Why not using them in this
specified community , dedicated to shape the present and the future of this
common goods which is the Internet. The global AT-LARGE merit to give an
example. I concurr.
Please, let's move forward and taking into account the suggestions made
such as to reinforce the capacities of those who are already engaged and
are just in need of more support/mentorship to be sustainable. Please, find
me in, myself ;-)

In fine, i would like to have more information about your pitch with the
ISOC interns experience dear @John More <morej1 at mac.com>

Warm regards
Olevie
-INTIC4DEV/AfRALO

Le mar. 5 nov. 2019 à 15:57, John More via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> a écrit :

> The sort of new thinking that can provide some concrete ways of moving
> forward. I note I tried to pitch having ISOC interns trained and supported
> by ISOC who would go back and serve the local Chapters. Did not go very
> far.
>
> John
>
> John More
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 5, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Alfredo Calderon <calderon.alfredo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Marita:
>
> As I mentioned in a previous Public Forum to the Board it would be great
> to create an “Internship Program” where after due diligence graduate
> students or even post-doc students (I believe LACRALO at the House of
> Internet has an initiative) could get engaged. The funds invested would be
> less and individuals with fresh new ideas would get engaged.
>
> On the other had, most young individuals willing to be engaged have a
> full-time job and if his/her employer is not linked to the ICANN or
> Internet Governance environment would not comprehend why a none related
> professional would want to get involved in ICANN. Thus, the retired and in
> some cases ‘freelancers’ are the ones more engaged and volunteering to the
> cause if ICANN’s remit.
>
> Distance participation is encouraged but to increase motivated individuals
> in most cases a face-to-face immersion process is needed. If we tie this
> with requirement that some Working groups do business in English without
> interpretation, we are not encouraging non-English proficient individuals
> to engage.
>
> Coming from a bilingual community and using technology tools, how about
> having some portable device to translate on the spot oral conversations.
> Encourage the use on tools that translate with a reasonable speed audio
> conversations.
>
> Sorry, just giving some thoughts that might start a more detailed
> conversation.
>
> Alfredo Calderon
> Email: calderon.alfredo at gmail.com
> Twitter: acalderon52
> LinkedIn: pr.linkedin.com/in/acalderon52
> Skype: alfredo_1212
> Business Card: http://myonepage.com/acalderon
> Blog: aprendizajedistancia.blogspot.com
>

> On Nov 4, 2019, at 9:25 PM, Marita Moll <mmoll at ca.inter.net> wrote:
>

> That's right Carlton. It will always be an uphill battle -- but they could
> lighten the load a bit. If anyone reading this has a good example of a
> project with potential to bring in new members but which would probably not
> find a place in the current ICANN funding boxes, please send them over. I
> have a couple, but could use something non-North America based.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marita
> On 11/4/2019 3:34 PM, Carlton Samuels wrote:
>
> Well worthy of our collective consideration!
>
> Because as it now happens, what we built is only narrowing the base from
> where we expect to recruit.

> [...]

*Abd-El-Raouf Olévié KOUAMI*
DG de Ets "*Le FA de la Téranga*"
CEO de l'INTIC4DEV (Institut ds TIC pour le développement)
CTO du FOSSFA (http://www.fossfa.net)
Tél.: (+221) 77 422 16 47 (Orange) / (+221) 76 695  59 79 (Tigo)
Tel.: (Togo) : +228 90 98 86 50
*Skype : olevie1   FaceBook : @olivier.kouami.7 Twitter : #oleviek
Dakar – Thiaroye-sur-mer quartier MAYACINE KAN dit MAGU
 - SENEGAL-