[At-Large] Fwd: ATLASIII Participation

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Oct 15 22:53:13 UTC 2019

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 18:15, Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm going to be the skunk at this party, if only because I'm tetchy on
> ingrates and it's irritating me to distraction.  Plus, I'm sensing a
> devaluation of the no-sleep-allnighter work Lance, Evan, Dev, myself and a
> few others did writing up this bleeding thing!

Yup. Alan was well involved too.

I'm sure I have the Mexico City (ATLAS I) communique on a storage device
> somewhere. We all didn't go there waiting to be touched. Some of us did
> some work. When I find it I shall put it up too.

Wolf Ludwig and I pulled together the leaders of five working groups to
produce a communique of substance and quality. He personally put it in the
hands of Twomey and I did the same for Dengate-Thrush at the closing
ceremony.

ALAC never received a written acknowledgement of receipt, let alone
appreciation for the diligence.
I can imagine the interval between hand and bin could have been measured in
minutes.

It's not even called a communique at ICANN.org so you won't find it if you
look that way. Just individual reports of the working groups
<https://atlarge.icann.org/events/summit-wg-en>, never acknowledged as ALAC
advice or useful feedback of any kind. There were never referenced in any
subsequent ICANN activity or decision.

Impact my eye. Hundreds of person-hours bypassed before our eyes.

- Evan