[At-Large] Sonoma Valley Hospital loses 3-letter domain name to hijackers

Bill Silverstein icann-list at sorehands.com
Fri Aug 23 17:22:21 UTC 2019

Karl,
  How would that have changed things? This is not where the registration
expired, but it is where someone fell for the providing credentials to
the account or Network Solutions, again, fell for a scam.

I can see why a limit on term length. What if the owner dies? Or the the
business goes under.  It is not like we can trust the registrar or ICANN
to do anything about dead domain names.  We can't trust them to do
anything about falsified Whois information.