[At-Large] G7 GAC and WHOIS - protecting end users

Matthias M. Hudobnik matthias at hudobnik.at
Wed Jul 3 14:30:23 UTC 2019

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for sharing this with us ;-). This seems like a very general letter with no real substantive content just repeating what the GAC (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/ismail-to-chalaby-24apr19-en.pdf)and NTIA (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/redl-to-chalaby-04apr19-en.pdf) already said. I even enjoyed the statement from the EC (https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-epdp-recs-04mar19/attachments/20190417/6f0a65b2/CommentsontheTemporarySpecificationforgTLDRegistrationDataPolicyRecommendations-0001.pdf) more because the content of it was in a much more substantive manner.

By the way - if anybody is interested, I wrote my entire diploma thesis about this topic (The Future of WHOIS - An analysis of the Policy Development Process under the GDPR with a focus on the litigation ICANN v. EPAG): https://unipub.uni-graz.at/download/pdf/3703735

Have a nice day!

Best,

Matthias

Ing. Mag. Matthias M. Hudobnik