[At-Large] [CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Planning for Round Two of New gTLDS is open?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Jul 1 15:51:33 UTC 2019

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 at 05:48, Kaili Kan <kankaili at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, as the gTLD market is already over-saturated, I believe the
> results of another round will work against those who are pushing for it.

That's not how the scam works, from what I can tell.

The ones who are pushing most for the new round are the service providers,
consultants, and registrars. They have nothing to lose, they will make
money whether the new TLDs succeed or fail.

What will be interesting to see is how any new investors show up this time,
based on past results.

- Evan