[At-Large] [CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Planning for Round Two of New gTLDS is open?

Kaili Kan kankaili at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:16:35 UTC 2019

Hi, Barrack,

Thank you for asking.  If you look into the CCT-RT report, it will clearly
show that the gTLD market is already saturated.  As a mater of fact, well
over half of the new gTLDs are being parked, i.e., not being used, but
mostly for speculation.

Regarding Africa, and the global South in general, I don't think the
problem is a lack of supply.  That is, the economic and social status makes
the demand relatively weak, and maybe also lack of necessary skills, to
apply for and run gTLDs.  Thus, instead of supplying more new gTLDs, ICANN
should provide assistance to Africa and the global South for that.

Thanks again.

Kaili