[At-Large] The Case for Regulatory Capture at ICANN | Review Signal Blog

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 04:08:22 UTC 2019

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 16:06 Evan Leibovitch, <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 04:40, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> We do not need to defend registrants, half of GNSO already does that. We
>>> are uniquely tasked with speaking for those who are completely outside the
>>> ICANN food chain. If we are incapable of finding a distinct voice, that's
>>> on us.
>>>

>> SO: Well your statement above does not seem be inline with the bylaws
>>

> Exactly how?
>
> The reference to ALAC is in Section 12.2(b). Please indicate the
> discrepancies,
>
> This will be interesting.

SO: It's actually section 12.2(d) and the point is that the section didn't
say registrants were excluded from "individual internet end users". However
I reiterate that I do agree (and definitely appreciate the well thought out
illustration by Robert) that registrant's interest should not be our only
focus as ALAC and I really don't think it's been the only focus in practice.

Regards