[At-Large] Fwd: For Sale - Entire names spaces.

Carlos Raul Gutierrez carlosraul at gutierrez.se
Wed Oct 31 15:04:06 UTC 2018

Thanks Carlton!

I can subscribe to most comments from your friend, but would like to add
2 additional points:

1. We should pay very close attention to the list of PICs ICANN want to
add to .amazon, and really discuss fi they are clear and implementable,
or just as obscure as the previous ones.

2. There are uses for TLDs in the future, that do not depend from domain
name registrations. As discussed in the ISP constituency day, may domain
names in the future will be used in private networks, like G5-IoT just
for purely naming purposes and they may no even have to resolve in the
DNS. So there is a good case for large cloud platforms to keep a large
number of easy to use domain names on exclusive TLDs, even at very low
registrations costs.

In other words, there is more to domain names than the cash flow from
registration fees......

---
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
carlosraul at gutierrez.se