[At-Large] Antw: Re: A brexit problem that I heard about

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Tue Aug 21 09:50:07 UTC 2018

1++ to Olivier

Wolfgang

>>> Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> 20.08.18 17.22 Uhr >>>
 Dear Michele,

I never imagined I'd have to defend a registry in a discussion with you.
:-)
EuRID engaged with Registrars and clients in the UK even *before* the
Brexit Referendum so I cannot agree that it is not engaging
constructively. The rules are clear: you need to be an entity with an
address in the EU.
https://eurid.eu/en/register-a-eu-domain/brexit-notice/

The majority vote in the UK has been to leave the EU. Blame the voters
not EuRID that had clear rules that preceded the UK vote. Alternatively,
open a subsidiary in an EU country and transfer the domain name to it.
It is not that costly, especially if the domain name is so important.
Kindest regards,

Olivier