[At-Large] A brexit problem that I heard about

Sivasubramanian M 6.Internet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:19:36 UTC 2018

Dear Michelle

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018, 6:10 PM Michele Neylon - Blacknight <
michele at blacknight.com> wrote:

> That does not scale.
>
> If you’ve got 1 or 2 users on a domain name it’s pretty easily
> (technically) to move them to a new domain.
>
> It’s a very different when you have large numbers of users AND complex
> systems in play.

Understood. This was a limited question, originates from one UK user who
appears to have one domain name with his family members as users.

> If you retain the “original” domain name making a change isn’t “as
> painful”, but if the domain literally vanishes or, which is a lot more
> worrying, is taken over by someone else then stuff will break.

In this case the user has one year to migrate to another domain. This use
case concerns a scenario where the 'legacy' email service provider does not
allow the account to migrate to a new domain (probably for valid reasons)

Thank you.