[At-Large] [lac-discuss-en] Vistaprint is abandoning .vista

sivasubramanian muthusamy 6.internet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:31:13 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018, 12:52 PM Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com> wrote:

> On 14-07-18 08:23, Kan Kaili wrote:
>
> > ● Such a refocus demands redefining the global public interest as the
> > initiator and driver of
> > ICANN policy rather than its current status of reactive adviso
>
> But who defines "global public interest"? Unfortunately the standard
> answer tends to be "governments/UN/ITU".

No. In the multistakeholder process we definitely Global Public Interest.

Your question "who defines..." reverberates questions such as "who defines
what is good",  and "who defines what is harmful and what is not". These
are good questions, but often used to divert the very suggestion of doing
good. The complexities in defining a notion shouldn't deter us from chosing
an appropriate path.

Sivasubramanian M