[At-Large] WEBCAST TODAY: Does the UN Want to Take Over the Internet?

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Apr 9 12:23:22 UTC 2018

 This panel coincided with the ISOC DC/ AU IoT Governance Symposium
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/iotgov>, so many, including me, may
have missed it.  I have massaged some rather dodgy audio and given the
captions the once over so it's a good watch. Our experts are at ease with
the Senate crowd, Ted Cruz nowhere to be seen. .

​​

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/rstreet>Today,* Monday
April 9 2018* at *9am EDT* (13:00 UTC) the *Internet Society Livestream
Channel <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/>* will webcast *R Street
Institute <http://www.rstreet.org/>*‘s panel *Does the UN Want to Take Over
the Internet?
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/does-the-un-want-to-take-over-the-internet-tickets-44340400331#>*
 which was held at the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington DC on
March 30 2018. The *ITU’s Plenipotentiary Conference
<https://www.itu.int/web/pp-18/en/>* this fall will bring the spotlight
back to Internet governance. How will the ITU affect American interests in
the future? How do the IANA transition and recent ICANN decisions influence
the diplomatic landscape? Panelists: *Milton Mueller*: Professor at Georgia
Institute of Technology School of Public Policy; Director Internet
Governance Project; *Fiona Alexander*: Associate Administrator of Office of
International Affairs, National Telecommunications and Information
Administration; *Larry Strickling*: Executive Director, Collaborative Gove.
Moderator: *Joe Kane*, R Street Institute.

*Watch on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/rstreet
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/rstreet> (open captions)*
*Twitter: @RSI + ITU
<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%40RSI%20ITU&src=typd>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10057#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10057#comments>

*http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10057 <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10057>*

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast