[At-Large] FCC TO SCRAP NET NEUTRALITY, ICANN NOT AFFECTED.

Edmon Chung edmon at registry.asia
Tue Dec 5 04:05:07 UTC 2017

Thanks John,
that t is a very technical response, which I can respect and cannot disagree
with.

But based on your response I am still not clear why ICANN at-large should
not pay attention..., the FCC order does seem like a relevant issue if we
believe that consumer trust of the DNS is relevant... and might be
affected...

I apologize for my lax use of the term "neutrality".  My second sentence is
perhaps more specific... Allow me to rephrase... what I am unable to
ascertain is:

Based on this new order, does it mean that ISPs can give preferential
treatment to DNS traffic to particular TLDs as long as they are transparent
about it and justifies it with some reason?

Whereas in the previous order ISPs are not.

If the above is correct, then ICANN community has reason to pay attention...
if the above is not the case thats great, but I am not sure based on the
reading of the document.

Sorry to bother you john, hopefully others can help answer the above
question if they know the answer. :-)

Edmon

NXDOMAIN with