[At-Large] FCC TO SCRAP NET NEUTRALITY, ICANN NOT AFFECTED.

Edmon Chung edmon at registry.asia
Tue Dec 5 03:45:44 UTC 2017

Sorry am not fully up to speed with all the jargon in the long document...

But, John, if it doesnt bother you too much...  Would like to know why you
think it is not relevant to ICANN community?...

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-announces-tentative-agenda-december-open-me
eting-3
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-347926A1.pdf
33. DNS. We find that Domain Name System (DNS) is an indispensable
functionality of broadband Internet access service.101

Does this mean that the DNS is an exception? and therefore DNS neutrality is
preserved?
Or would DNS neutrality be also revoked in this new order? i.e. ISPs can
give preferential treatment to DNS traffic to particular TLDs as long as
they are transparent about it and justifies it with some reason?

Edmon

Of