[At-Large] Review of .au - any good background papers out there?

Narelle Clark narelle.clark at accan.org.au
Thu Nov 30 07:15:12 UTC 2017

Hi At-large members
The Australian government has recently announced a review of the governance framework in place for .au, so I thought I'd reach out to you all to see if anyone has any good background papers on their ccTLD management?

The review info can be seen here:
https://www.communications.gov.au/have-your-say/review-australias-au-domain-management

And please feel free to send me any thoughts on these topics.

"The terms of the Australian Government's endorsement of the .au Domain Administration (auDA) as the appropriate entity to administer Australia's top-level domain (.au) on behalf of Australian internet users were established in 2000.
Since that time the digital landscape has changed significantly and it's important to ensure the management of the .au domain remains fit for purpose.
 The review will examine and make recommendations on:

*        the most appropriate framework for the management of the .au top level domain

*        how to ensure that Government and community expectations inform auDA's operation and decision-making, and

*        mitigation strategies to address future risks to the security and stability of .au."
Thanks in advance

Narelle

--

Narelle Clark
Deputy CEO

[Title: Thank you to everyone who attended ACCANect & made it such a valuable experience]<http://accan.org.au/>

Join the discussion on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/accanau>, follow on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/accan_au> or receive our weekly WebNews<http://www.accan.org.au/news_items.php> | Visit accan.org.au<http://www.accan.org.au/>