[At-Large] REMINDER Deadline 4 days: Call for Candidates: Auction Proceeds

Internet Society - NY Chapter admin at isoc-ny.org
Wed Jan 18 18:10:58 UTC 2017

​Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

I asked Avri if she had applied and she said no. I am going to see if I can
shake up my membership for some participants. I signed on as an observer.

Do we know who ALAC is proposing? Or is that confidential?

​

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> As per https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2016-12-13-en, anyone
> can become a Participant. Only chartering organizations can appoint
> Members. The only difference between them is that IF there is ever a need
> to vote (which rarely happens), only Members can vote, and Members have a
> responsibility to act as information conduits to and from their
> organization.
>
> Alan
>
> At 18/01/2017 12:26 PM, Internet Society - NY Chapter wrote:
>
> Ah. I had thought anyone might apply, but they have to named by the ALAC?
> And then get selected?
>
> Do we have some names?​
>

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM, ICANN At-Large Staff <
> staff at atlarge.icann.org > wrote:
>
> Reminder on the Call for Candidates for the CCWG-Auction Proceeds. All
> EoIs must be sent to staff at atlarge.icann.org by Sunday, 22 January 2017
> at 23:59 UTC.
>

> ==
>

> This is a CALL FOR CANDIDATES in the At-Large Community for the ICANN
> Cross Community Working Group (CCWG) on New gTLD Auction Proceeds.
>
> The new generic top level domain (gTLD) Program established auctions as a
> mechanism of last resort to resolve the competition sets between identical
> or similar terms (strings) for new gTLDs Currently the fund contains over
> $230 million dollars (note that $132 million of this is related to an
> auction that is being disputed).
>
> The CCWG is tasked with developing a proposal(s) for consideration by the
> Chartering Organizations (those ICANN Supporting Organizations and Advisory
> Committees that have adopted the CCWG Charter) on the mechanism that should
> be developed in order to allocate the new gTLD Auction Proceeds. That
> proposal will then be submitted to the ICANN Board.
>
> Note that the CCWG will NOT be deciding on projects to be funded, but
> rather on the mechanism to be used to allocate funds.
>
> MEMBERS
>
> As one of the Chartering organizations, the ALAC may name five people to
> be Members of the CCWG and presuming sufficient qualified candidates, our
> intent is to select one per ICANN region (based on citizenship as per ALAC
> membership).
>
> Full details of the CCWG may be found at https://www.icann.org/news/
> announcement-2-2016-12-13-en[icann.org]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_announcement-2D2-2D2016-2D12-2D13-2Den&d=DgMBAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=dRzB-YypMqj9AZjlP_sZHORJtVF4M6AI0vip1lbQy10&m=DJfyCT3FjgwHV3JWWSdaGaUBSGHpziyNqsUi5sYpxIk&s=QDq2B7zD0etp7c9CWLldMOpqYnlluT6cAcoDKhT2vRk&e=>
> .
>
> Members must commit to actively participate in the activities of the CCWG.
> The estimated average workload will be no less than 3-4 hours per week.
> This means attending conference calls which will likely last 60-90 minutes
> [...]

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast

ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org