[At-Large] Is the .FOOD poisoned?

Eve Edelson eveedelson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:54:54 UTC 2016

> The .FOOD gTLD is what's called a "closed generic"; ...Its use is
controlled by the company that owns the "Food Network" ... <snip>
> And you won't likely find scammers and spammers under a closed gTLD
> so it might actually gain more public trust than conventional "open"
ones....

If I understand the situation, and the point made above, that seems both
true and (mildly) worrisome. Any entity that could 'grab' such a gTLD could
become the funnel for trusted content in that category.

I don't feel irked to the point of wanting to contest it, though.