[At-Large] On a "consumer" agenda for ICANN

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Sep 16 06:27:52 UTC 2016

Dear Barry,

On 16/09/2016 05:09, bzs at theworld.com wrote:
> In essence one sends anyone qualified (e.g., properly registered) to
> vote one zero-value bitcoin (doesn't have to be bitcoin, but
> analogous) which they must return ("spend") with their vote
> submission.
>
> Yes there are details with devils, I could list a few, but that's the
> gist of the idea and it's fairly simple in concept. Papers have been
> written on the use of blockchain for voting systems, just google
> "blockchain voting system".

You touch on a interesting topic which several of us had a discussion
about in late July at the European Summer School on Internet Governance.
Those who knew about blockchain technology enlightened those of us who
did not (me included) and the conversation yielded several interesting
avenue for study including the one your mention above.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD