[At-Large] R: R: Is ICANN's oversight really moving away from the US government?

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Mar 27 16:53:23 UTC 2016

> In one sentence: if a new organisation oversees ICANN, who oversees the
> new steward?

The ITU, of course.  Or perhaps an oversight board consisting of political
flacks appointed by each of the treaty signatories.

I don't understand why we're wasting time with this nonsense.  There is
no such thing as "international incorporation" and any plausible UN or
treaty alternative would give governments total control.

R's,
John