[At-Large] Is ICANN's oversight really moving away from the US government?

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 05:26:27 UTC 2016

"...What ICANN needs, therefore, apart from coming under international
jurisdiction, is some kind of external oversight, which, however, need not
be of governments..."

What does international jurisdiction mean and what does external oversight
mean in practice as I understand that the ICANN board represents both
external and internal in terms of its composition. The entire community
also serve as oversight in one form or the other.

It's good to hear specifics.

Cheers!

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos